International Workshop on "Advances in Personalized Healthcare Services, Wearable Mobile Monitoring, and Social Media Pervasive Technologies"
10 August 17 August for late papers
Notifications: 10 September
Workshop: 14-16 November
Modern mobile healthcare systems, supported by information and communication technologies, provide solutions for improving illness prevention, facilitating chronic disease management, empowering patients, enable personalization of care improving the productivity of healthcare provisioning and improve utilization of healthcare enabling the management of diseases outside institutions as well as encouraging citizens to remain healthy.
Personalized healthcare emphasizes on the use of information about an individual/patient to select or optimize patient's preventative, therapeutic care and wellbeing. Modern healthcare solutions emphasize on the need to empower citizens to manage their own health and disease and include smart medical sensors, remote eHealth monitoring, smart-phone enabled data aggregation, medical awareness and analysis and context-aware assistive living technologies.
In this context we invite researchers, physicians, computer scientists and engineers to present their experience and research work.
Topics covered (but not limited to):
- Mobile and wireless technologies for healthcare delivery, enhanced monitoring and self-management of disease and health
- Mobile applications for health, wellbeing disease management and disease prevention
- Internet of Things for healthcare in smart monitoring and diverse environments (i.e hospitals, home, Assisted living);
- Wireless, mobile and wearable devices for pervasive healthcare
- Patient monitoring in diverse environments (hospitals, nursing, assisted living)
- Wireless access in ubiquitous systems for healthcare professionals
- Interventions and limitations and clinical acceptability of modern technologies with respect to applications for the digital patient in terms of supporting personalised medicine
- Legal and ethical aspects of Wearable, mobile monitoring, outdoor and home based telemedicine/ehealth applications
- Healthcare telemetry and telemedicine, remote diagnosis and patient management
- Service-oriented middleware architecture for medical device connectivity in personal health monitoring applications
- Technologies for the management and support of chronic diseases and the ageing population
- Innovative communication and mobile technologies to support data collection and access, sharing, search and reasoning
- Social media pervasive technologies for healthcare
- Data mining, machine learning and signal processing;
- Security for ehealth and modern healthcare mobile services
- Biometrics, and privacy-preserving mechanisms for individualized mHealth;
The proceedings of the APHS 2016 workshop will be published together with the proceedings of MobiHealth 2016 by Springer and made available through LNICST. Papers must be formatted using the guideline from the Author's Kit (found here).