International Workshop on “Advances in Wireless Physical Layer Communications for Emerging Healthcare Applications” (IWAWPLC 2012)
Call for Papers
The PDF version of the CFP here
Wireless communications technology and applied electromagnetics continue to be key enablers for emerging healthcare applications such as personalized medicine, m-health and capsule endoscopy. In this framework, the Workshop is aimed at presenting the most recent solutions for solving some of the electromagnetic issues arising when developing and implementing advanced wireless enabled healthcare applications. Antenna design and propagation characteristics for devices in and around the human body have received considerable attention in recent years. However, as implementation in medical and other practical applications increases, this has driven the development of novel solutions and advances in understanding that are the focus of the Workshop.
Topics covered (but not limited to):
- Wearable and implanted antenna technology and design
- Methodologies and test platforms for wearable and implanted antenna measurements Reconfigurable antenna systems for on-, off- and in-body communication
- mm-wave communication and sensing techniques
- Techniques and algorithms for indoor and intra-body radiolocation
- EM propagation modeling and channel characterization
- NFC and RFID applications in biomedical engineering
- EM dosimetry: analytical and experimental results, numerical modeling, in-vitro exposure systems
- RF and microwaves for medical devices and sensors.
William Scanlon (Queen’s University, Belfast, UK and University of Twente, the Netherlands)
Paolo Nepa (University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy)
The length of the paper should not exceed 8 pages including all figures, tables and references. Extra pages will incur additional charges. The papers must be submitted in PDF format. All papers will be reviewed by at least two members of the Program Committee and related technical committees.
The accepted papers will be included in the proceedings of Mobihealth 2012 and will be published in LNICST, appear in SpringerLink and will be referenced in ICST's digital library, the European Union Digital Library (EUDL).
Selected papers will be recommended for publication in the IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Electronics.
New Submission Deadline: October 5, 2012
Submission Deadline: September 30, 2012
Notification and Registration Deadline: October 10, 2012
Camera-ready Deadline: october 15, 2012
Conference Dates: November 21-23, 2012