International Workshop on “Advances in Personalized Healthcare Services, Wearable Mobile Monitoring, and Social Media Pervasive Technologies” (APHS 2012)
Call for Papers
The PDF version of the CFP here
Personalized healthcare emphasizes on the use of information about an individual/patient to select or optimize patient's preventative, therapeutic care and wellbeing. Modern personalized healthcare solutions include smart medical sensors, remote monitoring, smart-phone enabled data aggregation, medical awareness and analysis, and context-aware assistive living technologies. Modern mobile healthcare systems, supported by information and communication technologies, provide solutions for improving illness prevention, facilitating chronic disease management, empowering patients, and enabling personalization of care improving the productivity of healthcare provisioning. In this context we invite researchers, physicians, computer scientists and engineers to present their experience and research work.
Topics covered (but not limited to):
- Mobile and wireless technologies for healthcare delivery and enhanced monitoring Wearable, outdoor and home based applications
- Wireless, mobile and wearable devices for pervasive healthcare
- Patient monitoring in diverse environments (hospitals, nursing, assisted living) Healthcare telemetry and telemedicine, remote diagnosis and patient management Wireless access in ubiquitous systems for healthcare professionals
- Service-oriented middleware architecture for medical device connectivity in personal health monitoring applications
- Social media pervasive technologies for healthcare.
- Emmanouil Spanakis (Computational Medicine Laboratory, Institute of Computer Science, FORTH)
The length of the paper should not exceed 8 pages including all figures, tables and references. Extra pages will incur additional charges. The papers must be submitted in PDF format. All papers will be reviewed by at least two members of the Program Committee and related technical committees.
Selected papers will be recommended for publication in the IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Electronics.
The accepted papers will be included in the proceedings of Mobihealth 2012 and will be published in LNICST, appear in SpringerLink and will be referenced in ICST's digital library, the European Union Digital Library (EUDL).
New Submission Deadline: October 5, 2012
Submission Deadline: September 30, 2012
Notification and Registration Deadline: October 10, 2012
Camera-ready Deadline: october 15, 2012
Conference Dates: November 21-23, 2012