- Proceedings will be submitted for indexing by Google Scholar, ISI, EI Compendex, Scopus and many more
- MobiHealth 2012 is technically co-sponsored by IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (IEEE EMBS).
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT
**CALL FOR PAPERS**
The third edition of MobiHealth proposes to continue and extend the focus areas of the first two. The essence of the conference lies in its interdisciplinary nature, with original contributions cutting across boundaries but all within the ambit of the application of mobile communications (technologies, standards, solutions, methodologies, …) to the betterment of human health. As such, the conference will have a multi-tier approach: going from in-body sensor devices to ubiquitous patient monitoring environments.
The main themes will include (but are not limited to):
- Advances in sensor devices for biomedical monitoring;
- Intra-body communication issues (propagation & transmission);
- Body Area networks (architectures, protocols, scheduling, …);
- Heterogeneous and in-/on-/out- networks;
- Wearable, outdoor and home-based applications;
- Data collection and management at hubs, mobile devices and gateways;
- Energy management and optimisation issues in biomedical devices and networks;
- Decision support algorithms for data analysis;
- Healthcare telemetry and telemedicine;
- Remote diagnosis and patient management;
- Accuracy, reliability, security, protection, identity, privacy, of diagnoses and data;
- All-pervasive wireless systems for health applications;
- Factoring in the environment (hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living, …).
Keynote addresses: Three keynotes will cover the varied interests of the participants. They will be given by leading experts from industry, standardization and public authorities:
- “Electronics systems for biomedical”
- “The present and future of body-area networks”
- “Putting the patient at the centre of the process”
Two workshops are proposed:
- “Making the ambient environment count in the diagnostic process”. Intelligent home space where the physical condition of the patient is gleamed from environment sensors (fall, humidity, …) rather than sensors that measure only physiological parameters of the patient. Advantage: Increased fidelity of the diagnosis; less intrusive and cumbersome elements.
- Combining in- on- and off-“. This will deal with an important issue: the combination of several in-, on- and out-body sensors that make up a diagnosis platform. The two topics mentioned above could potentially attract researchers in several areas thanks to the multidisciplinary approach inherent to them: diagnosis, security, medical service platforms, medical database management, … for the first; propagation in and around the human body, wireless communication, body area network management, … for the second.
Tutorial: The special focus of this conference is “health for the poor”. This is driven by the need to understand and explore how technology can become an enabling factor rather than a hindrance to the delivery of health services to these populations. Any viable e-Health or biomedical solution to this scenario has to satisfy the dual conditions of low cost and ease of utilization.
The Proceedings of Mobihealth 2012 will be published in LNICST, appear in SpringerLink and will be referenced in ICST's digital library, the European Union Digital Library (EUDL).
Selected papers will be recommended for publication IEEE’s Transactions on Biomedical Electronics journal.
Submission: Authors are invited to submit papers in the format defined by the Springer LNICST Authors' Kit. Regular papers and invited papers are allowed up to 8 pages including all figures, tables and references. Up to 2 extra pages may be included at an additional charge. Details on the submission: [http://mobihealth.name/show/authors-kit](http://mobihealth.name/show/authors-kit).
**Submission deadline is extended to 31 July, 2012.**
Full papers submission deadline: July 15th, 2012
Notification of Acceptance: September 15th, 2012
Camera Ready submission: September 30th, 2012
Conference Date: 21-23 November 2012
**The Call for Papers PDF, click** here