Call for Papers
The objectives of this conference are to advance medical diagnosis, treatment, and patient care through application of wireless communications, mobile computing and sensing technologies. It aims to provide an international forum to bring together researchers and experts from academia, healthcare organizations, research institutions, and industrial enterprises working in the field of wireless communication and health care to share ideas and discuss cutting-edge research, present experience with recent developments in healthcare delivery, and to provide practical guidance to policy makers and the setting of applicable standards.
Original unpublished contributions are solicited that can improve the knowledge, understanding and practice in the interdisciplinary design of efficient protocols and technologies to help implement and provide advanced mobile health care applications.The topics of interest include but not restricted to
- Emergency and disaster applications
- Specialty and site specific applications
- Wearable, outdoor and home based applications
- Sensing of vital signs and signatures
- Intra-body propagation and communication
- Mobile devices for patient monitoring
- Measurement and monitoring technologies
- Decision support algorithms for sensor analysis
- Transmission of patient data
- Ad hoc and sensor systems and networks
- Real-time transmission of multiple medical data
- Healthcare telemetry and telemedicine
- Secure and high quality networks
- Ad hoc wireless networks for enhanced monitoring
- Remote diagnosis and patient management
- Accuracy and reliability of diagnoses
- Home and rural environments
- Novel mobile encryption technologies
- Coding and communication standards
- Identity and privacy enhancing technologies
- Mobile data management and processing
- Wireless access in ubiquitous systems
- Wearable computing and communication
- Wireless and wearable devices for pervasive healthcare
- Mobile and wireless technologies for healthcare delivery
- Sensor networks for pervasive healthcare
- Patient monitoring in diverse environments (hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living)
- Medical Device Control Via Wireless Technology
- Radio-Frequency Wireless Technology in Medical Devices
- Safe, Effective, Secure and Reliable Use of Wireless Technology in healthcare
How to submit
Papers should be submitted to OpenConf by 5 June 2011. The preferred length for initial submission is 4 pages, however the length of final paper should not exceed 8 pages including all figures, tables and references. Extra pages will incur additional charges. The papers must be submitted in PDF format. All submissions will be peer reviewed, and acceptances will be provided by 15 July 2011.
The Proceedings of Mobihealth 2011 will be published in LNICST, appear in SpringerLink and will be referenced in ICST's digital library, the European Union Digital Library (EUDL).
Extended versions of high-quality conference papers will be invited for publication in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering.
10th International Workshop on Biomedical Engineering
MobiHealth 2011 will be held in parallel with the:
10th International Workshop on Biomedical Engineering.