Welcome to the International ICST Conference on Wireless Mobile Communication and Healthcare
18-20 October 2010, Ayia Napa, Cyprus
The objectives of this conference are to advance medical diagnosis, treatment, and patient care through application of wireless communications, mobile computing and sensing technologies. It aims to provide an international forum to bring together researchers and experts from academia, healthcare organizations, research institutions, and industrial enterprises working in the field of wireless communication and health care to share ideas and discuss cutting-edge research, present experience with recent developments in healthcare delivery, and to provide practical guidance to policy makers and the setting of applicable standards.
Original unpublished contributions are solicited that can improve the knowledge, understanding and practice in the interdisciplinary design of efficient protocols and technologies to help implement and provide advanced mobile health care applications.The topics of interest include but not restricted to
- Emergency and disaster applications
- Specialty and site specific applications
- Wearable, outdoor and home based applications
- Sensing of vital signs and signatures
- Intra-body propagation and communication
- Mobile devices for patient monitoring
- Measurement and monitoring technologies
- Decision support algorithms for sensor analysis
- Transmission of patient data
- Ad hoc and sensor systems and networks
- Real-time transmission of multiple medical data
- Healthcare telemetry and telemedicine
- Secure and high quality networks
- Ad hoc wireless networks for enhanced monitoring
- Remote diagnosis and patient management
- Accuracy and reliability of diagnoses
- Home and rural environments
- Novel mobile encryption technologies
- Coding and communication standards
- Identity and privacy enhancing technologies
- Mobile data management and processing
- Wireless access in ubiquitous systems
- Wearable computing and communication
- Wireless and wearable devices for pervasive healthcare
- Mobile and wireless technologies for healthcare delivery
- Sensor networks for pervasive healthcare
- Patient monitoring in diverse environments (hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living)
- Radio-Frequency Wireless Technology in Medical Devices
- Medical Device Control Via Wireless Technology
- Safe, Effective, Secure and Reliable Use of Wireless Technology in healthcare
Researchers, academicians, practitioners, and others are invited to submit original papers describing new research, applications or case studies to the following Special Sessions which are organized within the framework of MobiHealth 2010.
- Intelligent eHealth monitoring.
- Ubiquitous Healthcare.
- Interoperability in eHealth.
- Ambient Assistive Technologies for Intelligent Healthcare Services.
- Mobile Health Technologies, Applications, Applications and Integrated Systems for Chronic Disease Monitoring and Management.
- Wireless Medical Implants.
- Wearable Devices. On body Wireless Communications.
Student Paper Awards
Best student papers will be identified by the reviewers based on their relevance, content, significance, originality, presentation and overall recommendation. First, second and third place winners will be acknowledged with a MobiHealth 2010 Best Student Paper Certificate.